The 53rd Annual Conference will be held July 19-21 at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina in San Diego, CA.
In 1980, Dr. Joan Dye Gussow said, “teaching about food and nutrition is the most important educational activity of a society.” Forty years later we are broadening our focus to address today’s critical food system issues, in addition to promoting public health. Our planet is in crisis. Soil degradation, water scarcity and pollution, severe weather, biodiversity loss, and climate change are no longer future possibilities. They are upon us. Additionally, too much of our food supply promotes diseases such as type two diabetes that reduce quality of life and increase health care costs, and it is the poor and people of color who are afflicted most severely. How we produce our food is part of the problem but could be part of the solution. Switching to soil-building, water saving, carbon sequestering regenerative agriculture and to diets with more whole and plant-based foods, and fewer processed foods improves food systems and public health. Yet, we know food and nutrition is a politically charged subject and our profession will have to confront entrenched power structures by taking on Big Food. While this will not be easy, it is critical. This conference will imagine, and plan for how nutrition education, rooted in food, can move us to a new food future.
|Full Conference is Saturday - Tuesday||By 6/5/2020||After 6/5/2020|
|Full Conference SNEB Member||$395||$445|
|Full Conference Non-Member||$540||$590|
|Full Conference Student Member||$185||$235|
|Full Conference Student Non-Member||$270||$320|
|One-Day Member (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)||$230||$280|
|One-Day Non-Member (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)||$290||$340|
|One-Day Student Member (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)||$100||$120|
|One-Day Student Non-Member (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday)||$115||$135|
|Join SNEB and Attend Conference at a Discount (New Members Only - Membership valid through 1/31/2021)|
|Full Conference + New Professional Membership||$495||$545|
|Full Conference + New Student Membership||$230||$280|
|Renew Your Membership and Attend Conference at a Discount (Membership valid through 1/31/2021)|
|Full Conference + Renew Professional Membership (if member in 2019)||$595||$645|
|Full Conference + Renew Student Membership (if member in 2019)||$245||$295|
Abstracts are welcome in any area of nutrition education, including those that incorporate the conference theme 'What Food Future?' Please consider highlighting your innovative program or initiative, or interesting research - we welcome a diversity of issues surrounding nutrition education.
The first deadline for submissions is Monday, January 20, 2020. A $25 fee will be charged for each abstract submission.
Only submissions made by the January 20th deadline will be considered for oral abstract presentations at conference. January submissions will also have the opportunity to resubmit at no cost after receiving reviewer feedback.
To accommodate research and programs that cannot be concluded in time for the January 20th deadline, late-breaking abstract submissions will be accepted from January 21st until Sunday, March 1, 2020. Late-breaking abstracts will not be able to resubmit and will not be considered for oral abstract presentations. A $50 fee will be charged for each late-breaking abstract submission.
Abstract Review Process
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and authors will receive written feedback based on a standardized evaluation form. In addition to feedback from nutrition education professionals, all accepted abstracts will be published in a supplemental issue of the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, as well as presented at the 2020 Annual Conference. An author must be available to attend the conference and present the abstract.
Students submitting abstracts will have the option to be considered for the Higher Education Division Student Research Award. The Nutrition Education for Children Division will also present a research award based which will be based on the displayed poster. Interest in being considered for one of these awards should be indicated on the abstract submission form.
- Helen Denning Ullrich Award for Lifetime Excellence in Nutrition Education
- Mid-Career Achievement Award
- Early Professional Achievement Award
- Nutrition Education Program Impact Award
- Nutrition Education Research Award
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Nutrition in Higher Education Award
- Advisory Committee on Public Policy Health Promotion Policy Award
- Korean Society of Community Nutrition and SNEB Professional Award
- Korean Society of Community Nutrition and SNEB Student Award
- Other various Committee and Division awards
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Foundation provides financial assistance to offset costs associated with attending the Annual Conference. Scholarship recipients are not required to be an SNEB member. Scholarships are awarded in the following categories:
- International Student
- Undergraduate Student
- Community-based nutrition education programs
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior and the SNEB Foundation seek funding that supports our mission, vision and guiding principles of promoting effective nutrition education and healthy behavior through research, policy and practice and has a vision of healthy communities, food systems and behaviors. In doing so, we seek to foster an atmosphere of appreciation of the contributors as well as one of transparency to SNEB members and the public. If you are interested in learning more about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities, please contact Rachel Daeger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-328-4627.
- Event signage and onsite program recognition
- Promotional materials/literature (provided by sponsor) on attendee seats
Opening Session Sponsor | $6,000
- Give an introduction and briefly address attendees from the podium prior to the start of the Saturday evening opening reception
- Includes 8' x 10' exhibit booth and one complimentary full-conference registration
Breakfast Sponsor | $10,000 One Available
- 30-45 minute presentation where a light breakfast is served (included)
- Opportunity for CEU credits
- Includes 8' x 10' exhibit booth and one complimentary full-conference registration
Nutrition Break Sponsor | $5,000 Three Available
- Make your product available for a Nutrition Break for conference attendees (or select the Nutrition Break menu)
- Ability to have signage and promotional material displayed during Nutrition Break
Session Sponsor | $2,500 per session
- Add an exhibit booth for $500
- Show your support for a specific session
Participant Packet Advertisement | $750 per piece
- Visibility of your advertisement piece in the participant packet handed to each conference attendee
All booths are 8' x 10' in size.
- 1 full-conference registration
- 2 exhibit-only passes
- One-time use of conference attendee mailing list (upon request)
|Before June 1||After June 1|
Terms of Exhibitor Contract: Space is reserved on a first come, first served basis once full payment is received. The exhibiting company agrees to abide by the terms and conditions as stated on exhibitor contract.
SNEB and the SNEB Foundation invite organizations and individuals to support the nutrition education profession and the next generation of nutrition educators by becoming an Organizational Member. Joining as an SNEB/SNEB Foundation Organizational Member affords your organization the following benefits at all levels:
- All the rights and privileges of professional membership in SNEB for one designated representative. This includes an annual subscription to the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, member e-Communications, member conference rates and voting rights.
- Additional SNEB membership for one person at the Associate level of membership.
- The opportunity to conduct an in-person focus group with SNEB leadership scheduled during the SNEB Annual Conference.
- Recognition in program and signage as an Organizational Member during Annual Conference.
- Recognition as an Organizational Member in each issue of JNEB and on the SNEB website.
- * Corporate Level Organizational Membership includes an 8' x 10' booth at Annual Conference.
|Corporate *||Small Business||Non-Profit|
|$5,000 Annual Fee||$3,500 Annual Fee||$1,500 Annual Fee|
For opportunities to advertise in the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, please contact Joe Skey at 856-325-7977 or email@example.com
SNEB 2021 Annual Conference - New Orleans, LA - August 1-3, 2021
SNEB 2022 Annual Conference - Atlanta, GA - July 29-August 1, 2022