SNEB Foundation Mission: To support the next generation of nutrition educators.
Annual Levels of Giving - Support the Future of Nutrition Education
While we appreciate any level of contribution, those that give at the following levels will be recognized in a number of ways, including at the SNEB annual meeting and in JNEB.
Diamond – $1,000
- Isobel Contento, PhD
- Gail Gates, PhD, RD
Emerald – $500
- Alice Henneman, MS, RD
- Kendra Kattelmann, PhD, RDN, LN
- Barbara Lohse, PhD, RD, LDN
Ruby – $250
Jade – $100
- Pascasie Adedze, PhD, MPH
- Alyce D. Fly, PhD
- Sharon M. Hoerr, RD, PhD
- Tanya M. Horacek, PhD, RD
- Christine Rivera, RD
- Adrienne White, PhD, RD
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation invites organizations and individuals to support the nutrition education profession through our many initiatives. Opportunities to make contributions are outlined below.
As a non-profit organization, the Foundation seeks philanthropic support and partners who understand the importance of reaching people at every stage in life to positively impact their overall nutrition and health. The SNEB Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
The work of each SNEB member extends far beyond that of the individual professional that belongs to the Society. Our members touch the lives of hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands, of individuals each year. This audience is invaluable to any organization trying to reach the nutrition education community.
Deadline for nominations for the 2018 scholarship is March 1.
The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Foundation Community Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to those who offer community-based nutrition education programs to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient.
The SNEB Foundation also offers Student Scholarships and the Robin Orr Memorial International Student Scholarship. The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation (SNEBF) Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to student members of SNEB who wish to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. The Student Scholarship Program allows many national and international students the opportunity to attend the Annual Conference. The scholarship will help students offset the costs of attending the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient.
The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation (SNEBF) Undergraduate Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to student members of SNEB who wish to attend the SNEB Annual Conference.
George M. Briggs Memorial Fund
Established for the purpose of supporting symposia or seminars that communicate current advancements in evidence-based nutrition science. Professor George McSpadden Briggs was the founding President of the Society and the founder of the Journal of Nutrition Education. George M. Briggs made numerous contributions as a nutrition scientist dedicated to teaching, research and public service.
Bee Marks Fund
Established to honor Bee Marks for her career achievements in advancing nutrition communications and marketing supported by evidence-based science. The purpose of the Bee Marks Fund is to support educational seminars that showcase current advancements in the methodologies, best-practices and breakthrough creative techniques relating to evidence-based nutrition communications and marketing.
Helen Denning Ullrich Annual Award of Excellence in Nutrition Education Endowment Fund
Established for the purpose of providing an annual award in honor of Helen Denning Ullrich which recognizes an SNEB member for outstanding achievement in the field of nutrition education. Helen was one of a group of pioneering leaders who were dedicated to making sound nutrition education a tool for effective change. She was the first Editor of the Journal of Nutrition Education.
External Funding Policy
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) and the SNEB Foundation (SNEBF) seek funding that supports our mission, vision, and guiding principles. In doing so, SNEB and SNEBF seek to foster an atmosphere of appreciation of the contributors as well as one of transparency to SNEB members and the public. These funds are used to enhance the work of the Society and increase benefits to members.
We value the free exchange of ideas, opinions, and research that advances knowledge in nutrition and health. These ideas provide a unique forum for your organization to experience innovative strategies in nutrition education, as well as allow you to participate in expressing a range of views on important nutrition issues. We invite you to become involved in the Society and our Foundation.
Organizational Membership Benefits Include:
All the rights and privileges of professional membership in SNEB for a designated representative. This includes an annual subscription to the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior (JNEB), member e-communications, member conference rates, and voting rights.
- A portion of the Organizational Membership fee is a donation to the SNEB Foundation funding student scholarships
- Additional membership for one person at the Associate level of membership.
- Advance notice of sponsorship and exhibit space, invitation to an organizational member reception, recognition in on-site program and on signage as an Organizational Member during the SNEB Annual Conference.
- Recognition as a SNEB/SNEB Foundation Organizational Member in each issue of the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior (JNEB) and on the Society’s website.
- Potential to recommend issues for inclusion as JNEB point/counterpoint dialogues.
- Direct access to SNEB members through a 20% discount on JNEB advertising and the SNEB member mailing list rental.
- Opportunity to serve as a member of the SNEB Foundation Board of Trustees and actively participate in leadership that shapes the future of nutrition.
- Organizational member pricing on hosted webinars and electronic surveys. See Additional Benefits sheet for more information.
- Opportunity to conduct one in-person focus group/salon with SNEB leadership scheduled during the SNEB Annual Conference or via webinar