With the holidays coming maybe there’s more time to try new recipes using food in new ways. Consider using dessert hummus, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and more in new and interesting ways. Enjoy!
For the holidays…
- Use dessert hummus:
- Add fiber to those potatoes…mashed potatoes with white beans.
- Butternut squash hummus (made without chickpeas);
- Butternut fruit leather;
- Butternut squash frittata made w/roasted, mashed squash;
- Oatmeal w/squash and topped w/tahini, sugar or maple syrup;
- Squash dessert.
Peanut butter and…
- Sriracha and peanut butter sandwich;
- Peanut butter oatmeal raisin (and bean) cookies.
- Baked sweet potato topped with peanut butter;
- Sweet potato toast – toast smeared w/roasted sweet potato and cinnamon, sugar, broiled; OR toast smeared w/roasted sweet potato topped w/a cooked egg, drizzled w/tahini, Sriracha;
- Sweet potato, lettuce and tomato sandwich – roast slices of sweet potato, add mayo, greens and tomatoes;
- Breakfast sweet potato pudding;
- Sweet potato balls or sweet potato balls with less sugar;
- Sweet potato ice cream (soft or more frozen) made with sweet potato and bananas;
- Creamy sweet potato kefir smoothie (can also be made with pumpkin purée).
This ‘n that…