We offer several membership level options for individuals joining SNEB to provide you benefits regardless of what stage of your career you happen to be in.
Professional Member – $200.00
Must have at least ONE of the following:
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nutrition, food, or a related field from an accredited institution; OR
- Minimum of a baccalaureate degree in any field with two or more years experience in health, food, agriculture, education, communications, or nutrition related position(s); AND either an approved credential from – or membership in – a related organization (such as ASNNA, AAFCS, IFT, AND).
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria may request an exemption from the Board of Directors. Only Professional Members are eligible to hold elected office.
Professional Assisted Member – $120.00
The Professional Assisted membership is for individuals who meet the qualifications of Professional membership but make less than $45,000 USD annually.
Associate Member* – $120.00
Individuals who do not qualify for Professional membership, but have at least ONE of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in any field;
- Two or more years of experience in health, food,agriculture, education, communications, or nutrition-related position(s);
- Associate degree from an accredited culinary, technical school, or community college; OR
- Sponsorship by a current SNEB Professional Member.
* Individuals who qualify for Professional Membership may not join as an Associate Member.
Retired Member – $120.00
To qualify for retired membership, you must be at least 55 years of age, retired, and have been either a Regular or Professional Member or a Member for at least one year.
Emeritus Member – Complimentary dues
Student Member – $60.00 (read more about Student benefits)
Individuals who are registered as full-time students OR are actively working on a degree at an accredited college or university or are enrolled in a dietetic intern program are eligible for student membership. All students must have their membership application signed by faculty member to verify student status. Student membership also entitles you to a discounted early professional rate upon graduation.