Position Description – Outreach and Development Coordinator
Working under the guidelines of the SNEB External Fundraising Policy, SNEB Outreach and Development Coordinator will contact organizations and companies that share SNEB’s vision of healthy communities, food systems and behaviors. The Coordinator will seek to educate contacts about the work that SNEB members do in their communities, the benefits of aligning their organization with SNEB, and the opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing. The goal for the position is to obtain $100,000 in sponsorship, exhibit or memberships per year.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years experience working in fundraising and outreach
- Attention to detail, project management, and highly organized
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
- Regular contact will be made with current organizational members to foster the existing relationship. Contact will also be made to past organizational members and sponsors to reengage them.
- Specific emphasis will be made to attract exhibitors and sponsors in support of the SNEB International Conference.
- Projects will include seeking out grant and sponsorships available to the SNEB Foundation, a 501©3 organization.
- Coordinator to track all contact from initial outreach to followup actions in existing contact database and report to Executive Director on a weekly basis on number of contacts made and resulting financial commitments. Coordinator will work with SNEB staff who will be responsible for invoicing, payments, and delivery of benefits to engaged organizations.
Time Commitment and Setting:
Five hours per week from own location. SNEB email address and phone number provided.
The position will begin on November 1, 2023. One week of paid orientation included.
The initial term of the Outreach and Development Coordinator’s obligation to render services shall commence on ____________ and continue through ________. Either party may terminate this agreement upon 60 days written notice to the other party without further liability to the other party except for earned benefits accruing prior to date of termination. This contract will automatically renew for one year periods unless either party provides 90 days’ notice of termination.
$10,400 per year for 260 hours/ $40 per hour paid monthly upon submission of invoice.
Applicants should send their CV with a cover letter that highlights their qualifications for the position. Materials should be received by October 15, 2023.
FOR MORE INFORMATION and/or to APPLY CONTACT:
Rachel Daeger, CAE, Executive Director
Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior