Chair: Alison C. Berg, PhD, RD, LD
Chair-Elect: Seung Eun Jung, PhD, RD
The goal of this division is to provide a forum for SNEB members to network, stimulate research, and optimize nutrition-related quality of life for older adults through improved nutrition education and behavior.
The division strives to:
- Provide a forum for division members to share knowledge and resources to support nutrition educators interested in and/or working with the older adult population;
- Provide knowledge, skills and resources pertinent to healthy aging;
- Provide a forum at the SNEB Annual Conference for professional development and discussion of issues related to older adults;
- Promote SNEB’s goals and strategic plan through division activities;
- Foster policy development and leadership through SNEB’s ACPP
- Determine the need for, develop, and/or endorse position and policy papers supporting SNEB’s direction for nutrition quality of life and nutrition education issues related to older adults;
- Encourage publication of articles related to healthy aging in JNEB; and
- Establish partnerships with other agencies to promote nutrition quality of life for older adults.