If you are not currently aware of how to find BIPOC/women-owned/operated farms, food boxes, food brands, dining and more, read on.
Food retail and dining…
Some Black-centered food retail and dining out efforts you may not be aware of:
- Giant Foods’ new shelf labels identify over 300 products that are from women, BIPOC, LGBTQ, veteran-owned businesses
- Trader Joe’s to increase shelf space to Black-owned businesses by setting a goal to have 15% of tasting panel food items from these businesses
- An organization – 15 Percent Pledge – called on retailers to devote 15% of shelf space to Black-owned businesses to reflect that blacks are about 15% of the U.S. population
- Black Food Fridays encourages eating Black-owned food.
- Some fast facts about ag including the percentage of Black/Hispanic-owned farms.
- Looking to identify representative ag of all kinds – CSAs, farms, farmers’ markets, and more?
- Black farmers index.
- Black-owned farms and food gardens by state.
- Durham trio wants you to pay black farmers with its food box.
- 6 Black owned farms and CSAs doing revolutionary work.
- Young Asian Americans turning to farming.
- Bok chow isn’t exotic.
- Native American farmer keeping community fed during the pandemic.
- Keeping indigenous foods alive in Detroit.
Restaurants and food brands…
- Eat Black-owned – the Internet’s largest directory of Black-owned restaurants.
- Black-owned meal prep services.
- Directory of Black-owned businesses, restaurants, non-profits including regional offerings.
- Dang Foods first Asian-American snack brand.
- Asian grocer-sourced food boxes.
- Culturally considerate’ meal delivery for Asian Americans in Philly.