Are you feeling the way we are feeling? Every day some new need for advocacy arises, and you wonder how will you find the energy to be everywhere at once? How much impact can we really have signing petitions? SNEB is a great tool for amplifying our voices and finding some focus for our efforts. There are also many resources at SNEB to help you become a more effective and focused advocate for nutrition. We’ve listed those out below. Now is a great time to remind your local, state, and national representatives that every person in our country needs nutrition education.
SNEB Policy Resources
- Strengthening National Nutrition Research: The Role of SNEB| Video
- Getting Prepped to Visit Lawmakers: Tips and Guidance on Meeting with Policy Makers on the Importance of Nutrition Education | Video
- The Time is Right for Strong Advocacy on Capitol Hill: Lessons and Insights from Policy Insiders
Food Policy and Health: Global Perspective, Local Actions | Video
- Using Complexity Modeling to Inform Public Health Nutrition Educators and Policy Makers | Video
- ACPP Plenary – Community, Equity and Collaboration for Policy Advocacy in Nutrition Education | Video
- Solutions Resulting From National Menu Labeling Requirements | Audio Recording
- Public Policy Plenary: Farm to School –What’s In It for You? | Audio Recording
SNEB Advocacy Resources
SNEB regularly participates in government relations in which they relate to the mission and vision of the Society. By being actively involved in the conversation, SNEB can make change happen! SNEB works with candidates and members of Congress to advance SNEB’s public policy priorities and raise SNEB’s profile. SNEB and the Advisory Committee on Public Policy (ACPP) represents members’ interests and positions them to be the preferred providers of food, nutrition and health services. This area includes positions, policy statements and letters, in addition to legislative and regulatory updates and links to Federal nutrition-related web sites.