Sustainability best practices are important to SNEB when they contract with a conference hotel. When at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown this summer check out these Green/Environmental Initiatives.
The Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown adheres with all Wyndham Worldwide initiatives to preserve the environment including our water saving laundry plan, uniforms made from plastic recycling materials, LED lights, timer controlled heating and air and many more.
Wyndham Green works to continually reduce the Company’s environmental impact by focusing efforts and developing solutions around six core focus areas.
- Energy Conservation: Through increased awareness, innovation and teamwork, we are establishing initiatives targeting new, energy-saving alternatives.
- Recycle and Re-Use: Adapting green practices to reduce the amount of glass, paper and plastic waste generated, by substituting printed correspondence with e-mail, adding single-stream recycling bins, and using FSC-certified recycled paper.
- Water Conservation: Wyndham Worldwide is using products and implementing services that promote cleaner water as well as more conservative and efficient consumption.
- Education: From informative newsletters, to team-building, to finding alternative commuting solutions, Green Teams educate and inspire their fellow workers to spread the word.
- Community: From recycling programs, to purchasing organically grown products, to the construction of a green headquarters building, the favorable impact of Wyndham Worldwide’s green initiatives—and the positive example they set—reach far beyond the local level.
- Innovation: From awareness programs to renewable energy, Wyndham Worldwide’s associates are developing and implementing innovative solutions that inspire others to do the same.
Wyndham Worldwide utilizes its Wyndham Green Toolbox, a proprietary, online environmental management system, which we developed to manage our energy, emissions, water and waste performance company-wide. Developed in 2010, the Toolbox is a state-of-the art system that was created to be flexible, scalable and customizable to match the Company’s global presence across its business units.
The Wyndham Green Toolbox allows both owned and managed properties, as well as independently owned and operated franchised properties to track, measure and report on global assets in which Wyndham Worldwide has direct operational control. It is available in multiple languages and currencies and provides normalization for weather and room nights to allow for comparisons among properties in various regions. The Toolbox helps to not only improve the data accuracy, but also to quantify the results in a timely manner.
The flexibility of the Toolbox has enabled us to make continuous improvements each year, upgrading and adding new features to monitor our progress towards reaching our 2020 environmental targets. The Toolbox is an integral part of our sustainability program. As of 2012, the Company has opened up the Toolbox platform to our franchisee portfolio as a complimentary service. In 2013, a third party, GreenCircle Certified, independently reviewed Wyndham Worldwide’s environmental management system in preparation for advanced verification. The review included Wyndham Worldwide’s environmental policies and procedures, the Wyndham Green Toolbox, and Wyndham Vacation Ownership’s Green certification.