Have you ever wondered what organizations do with your evaluations and comments after a conference? No more guess work with SNEB! When you completed last year’s conference evaluation you spoke about ideas that would make the SNEB conference an even better experience. We listened and are proud to announce the following changes in the 2016 Next Practices conference based on your recommendations and requests– a conference designed for you by you!
- No other sessions scheduled during poster sessions. There are no education sessions conflicting with poster sessions on Sunday or Monday
- Asking questions when the sessions are still fresh in their minds may lead to more feedback. Great suggestion! This year we are planning a quick feedback survey to arrive by email every evening during conference.
- Don’t make the schedule so tight during the day. A one-hour break each day from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. gives attendees time to grab lunch
- Provide a microphone – and someone to carry the microphone – to ask questions.We will be scheduling student volunteers to assist with the question and answer period of each session.
- Add highly recognized named speakers. We are proud to have Dr. Christina Economos as our opening speaker. You can learn about her research here.
- Continue relationship with USDA. USDA leadership and research grantees are returning to conference this year sharing their research on Tuesday along with sessions that highlight their research and funding opportunities.
- Provide a list of places close by to eat. The Local Arrangements committee is creating a list of local restaurants and are arranging for discounts if possible. Also the hotel provides a free shuttle to downtown San Diego.
- Have the presentation slides available online. We are asking all presenters to have their slides available on 7/23 and will be posting them for attendees to reference.
- Include panels where controversies are discussed. I am pleased to announce that Dr. Christopher Gardener and Dr. Glen Gaesser will examine Weight as a Measure of Health vs. Health at Every Size Concepts in a debate format on Monday.
- Put the agenda at a glance on the website in advance. Click here to download a schedule at a glance for this year’s conference.