to support SNEB's public policy initiatives
The SNEB Advisory Committee on Public Policy (ACPP) is a very active committee that focuses their efforts on the established public policy priority issues of the Society. ACPP holds regular telephone conference calls to provide input on a variety of matters relating to SNEB’s public policy priorities. ACPP is advisory to the SNEB Board of Directors on public policy issues in which SNEB should participate on some level.
The purpose of SNEB’s ACPP is to:
1. Advise and recommend policies to the SNEB Board concerning nutrition education related public policy matters on which SNEB should have a voice;
2. Develop SNEB’s Public Policy Survey, in conjunction with SNEB’s Public Policy Consultant. [The survey is sent bi-annually to the entire SNEB membership to determine the society’s public policy priority issues.];
3. Develop legislative and regulatory positions based on SNEB’s priority issues, with input from all relevant Divisions and members to reflect the diversity of the organization;
4. Develop work plan for SNEB’s priority issues;
5. Draft written communications such as outlines, timelines, position papers, testimony, policy statements, letters, and backgrounders that support SNEB’s priority issues;
6. Bring forth opportunities such as endorsing coalition letters, testifying before Congress and agencies concerning SNEB priority issues; and,
7. Cooperate with representatives of other nutrition education associations on issues of mutual interest.