Over 50 years ago, the five founders of SNEB signed articles of incorporation with a purpose of operating a professional society for the advancement of research, education and communication in the field of nutrition education. On June 7, 1968 that document was endorsed by the secretary of state of California. This year, the SNEB Foundation is celebrating this date by devoting 1968 Minutes of Giving to support a special history project to honor the founders of nutrition education. The goal is to raise $19,680 to fund an oral history project to interview individuals key to SNEB’s founding and the advancement of the nutrition education profession. By funding this special project through a special appeal the Foundation can continue to support scholarships to conference through giving level donors.
How can you help?
- Give $19.68 at http://www.sneb.org/1968 – together we can reach the goal of $19,680.
- Follow the SNEB Foundation on Facebook or SNEB on Twitter
- Post a message about 1968 Minutes of Giving on your social media channels. Below is a toolkit with messages and images. Consider starting your own Facebook fundraiser through the SNEB Foundation Facebook page.
- Watch for the #1968Minutes hashtag on social media for stories about past Foundation projects. Did you know the Foundation has supported over 125 scholarships since 2004? And that two SNEB Board members received scholarships as a student. You truly are supporting the future of nutrition education.
1968 Minutes of Giving for Scholarships – June 7-8, 2022
How to Create a Facebook Giving Campaign
- Facebook users can set up a fundraising campaign for the SNEB Foundation.
- Donations go directly to the SNEB Foundation.
- There are no fees or taxes taken out by Facebook.
- How to:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/SNEBF
- Click Fundraisers
- Click Raise Money
- How much money do you want to raise – $196
- Fundraiser should end on June 8, 2022
- Title: 1968 Minutes for Nutrition Education
- Why are you raising money:
Join me in supporting future nutrition educators! I’m raising money for Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation’s special project to create an oral history.
Facebook pays all the processing fees for you, so 100% of your donation goes directly to student scholarships.
- Select a cover image from the photos available on the Foundation Facebook page.
- Click Create.
- Click Create.
Social Media Took Kit
Before the event example posts:
- The SNEB Foundation will launch #1968Minutes on June 7 and I plan to give to the SNEB Foundation because ____. I hope you will join me!
- #1968Minutes is an online campaign the SNEB Foundation is hosting to support the future of nutrition education by honoring the past through a special history project. #1968Minutes
During the event example posts:
- Calling all SNEB Members! Together we can help support future nutrition educators by preserving the past. #1968Minutes
- Are you passionate about nutrition education? Please donate to fund the history project. #1968Minutes
- I just donated __ to the SNEB Foundation for #1968Minutes. Would you match my donation?
Images to download and use:
Are these donations tax-deductible?
Yes, the SNEB Foundation is an IRS recognized 501(c)3 charitable organization and all gifts are tax-deductible in the US to the full extent of the law.
What is the Federal Tax ID number for the SNEB Foundation.
Our tax identification number is: 51-0147071.
I’d like to mail a check to support scholarships:
- The address is: 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 300 Indianapolis, IN 46268
- If mailing a contribution, please download and send this form.
Since 2004 the Foundation has awarded over 125 scholarships. We checked in with scholarship alumni and want to share the stories they shared. Prepare to be inspired!