SNEB Foundation Scholarships
The deadline to submit for 2020 Conference scholarships was March 1.
SNEB Foundation Mission: To support the next generation of nutrition educators.
The Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation invites organizations and individuals to support the nutrition education profession through our many initiatives. Opportunities to make contributions are outlined below. As a non-profit organization, the Foundation seeks philanthropic support and partners who understand the importance of reaching people at every stage in life to positively impact their overall nutrition and health. The SNEB Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. The work of each SNEB member extends far beyond that of the individual professional that belongs to the Society. Our members touch the lives of hundreds, thousands, even tens of thousands, of individuals each year. This audience is invaluable to any organization trying to reach the nutrition education community.
The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Foundation Community Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to those who offer community-based nutrition education programs to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient. You do not need to be an SNEB member to apply.
Congratulations to the 2020 Community Scholarship recipients:
- Ines Beltran M.Ed., University of Georgia Gwinnett Extension Service Family and Consumer Sciences Bilingual Agent, University of Georgia Gwinnett Extension
- Kristin Bogdonas, MPH, University of Illinois Extension
- Callie Brust, MPH, RDN, CHES, Olivewood Gardens and Learning Center
- Suzanne M. Cooper, Yuma County Public Health Services District
- Zoe Edwards, MS Nutrition Education, Multiple Sclerosis Achievement Center
- Kelly Green, Community Support Services Inc. of Gaithersburg (C.S.S)
- Linda Rosenblatt, CHHP, Slow Food NYC, The Fresh Start Initiative, Brick House Pantry
- Leah Sourbeer, Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)/ University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR)
The SNEB Foundation also offers Student Scholarships and the Robin Orr Memorial International Student Scholarship. The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior Foundation (SNEBF) Student Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to student members of SNEB who wish to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. The Student Scholarship Program allows many national and international students the opportunity to attend the Annual Conference. The scholarship will help students offset the costs of attending the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient.
Congratulations to the 2020 Robin Orr International Scholarship recipient:
- BELLO Temitope Kayode, University of Pretoria
Congratulations to the 2020 Student Scholarship recipients:
- Aysegul Baltaci, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Theresa Berger, Colorado State University
- Acadia Buro, MS, University of South Florida
- Holly A Davis, BS, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Belle Espinal, Hamilton Grange Middle School
- Denise Nichelle Farrell, University of Memphis
- Erin Jameson, Appalachian State University
- Jessica Jayne Long, Meredith College
- Antonio Miranda MS, RD, LD, Texas Woman's University
- Elizabeth Adewumi Opeyemi,, University of Alabama
- Sarah Patel, BS, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Evelyn Zavala, George Mason University
The goal of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior (SNEB) Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to undergraduate students to attend the SNEB Annual Conference. Only one scholarship award will be given to each recipient.
- Jocelyn Bayles, East Carolina University
- Virginia Girsch, Bradley University