JNEB, the official journal of SNEB, is a refereed, scientific periodical that serves as a resource for all professionals with an interest in nutrition education and dietary/physical activity behaviors. The purpose of JNEB is to document and disseminate original research, emerging issues and practices relevant to nutrition education and behavior worldwide.
Take me to the JNEB website
- Now accepting Method Papers - Research Methods are manuscripts that describe the objectives and methodologies for multi-year interventions whose aims are to change nutrition and/or physical activity behavior and/or related physiological outcomes, such as BMI or blood glucose. Research Methods are expected to have protocols that have undergone outside review already prior to funding. Results and Discussion are not included in Research Methods. Research Methods are peer reviewed by the Editors and a member of the Board of Editors for completeness, clarity, and contribution to the literature. Research Methods are published only in an online format but do have a DOI.
- JNEB Pocasts on ITunes
- Shirley's Picks Podcast - a recap of New Educational Resources
- View the GEMS archive (Great Educational Material)
- JNEB articles in press
- Webinar Statistics for Survey Design: Solutions for Success (September 11, 2013)
- Webinar What the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior in Qualitative Papers
- Webinar Getting your Results into JNEB; Insights into Paper Categories, Tables, Figures and More
- Journal Club
- JNEB "app" - Health Advance Journals Smartphone App - read JNEB on your mobile device
JNEB Videos at the 2011 SNEB Annual Conference in Kansas City, Missouri
Watch JNEB exhibit booth interviews conducted by JNEB Editor in Chief, Dr. Karen Chapman-Novakofski, with the SNEB president, conference participants, and a Network for a Healthy California supplement sponsor.
SNEB President Interview- Hear what Dr. Brian Wansink thinks about JNEB and his plans for the upcoming year.
The Journal Committee is responsible for reviewing policies and practices related to JNEB in the context of adherence to the values of SNEB and meeting the needs of SNEB members. Associated duties include formulating and revising all SNEB policy in regard to the journal and any other items as requested by the Board of Directors. The Journal Committee, in addition to the Chair, the JNEB EIC and the Board liaison(s), will consist of at least 3 other people including an academic researcher and a practitioner. Committee members serve a two-year term with possible re-appointment of additional terms. For more information about the Journal Committee, please reference section 11.1.4 of the SNEB Policy and Procedures Manual.
Tanya Horacek, PhD, RD, Chair
Theresa Burgess Champoux, PhD, RD, LD
Sarah Colby, PhD, RD