JNEB, the official journal of SNEB, is a refereed, scientific periodical that serves as a resource for all professionals with an interest in nutrition education and dietary/physical activity behaviors. The purpose of JNEB is to document and disseminate original research, emerging issues and practices relevant to nutrition education and behavior worldwide.
Take me to the JNEB website
Position Paper Announcement
As part of SNEB’s strategic plan, our extensive engagement in national issues, and the increase and growth of the Journal, a new process for position papers has recently been approved.
Position papers provide a comprehensive discussion of SNEB’s policy on one or more topics. Containing extensive background information and analysis, the position paper provides a more complete understanding of the issues and rationale for the positions(s) set forth by the organization.
Members are invited to send nominations for position paper topics relevant to SNEB. We are requesting your input in identifying the relevant and current issues SNEB should address. To have a position paper topic considered for this year, send your topic and a brief rationale to the position paper co-chairs, Marilyn Briggs, PhD, RD (firstname.lastname@example.org) and JNEB’s Editor in Chief, Karen Chapman-Novakofski, PhD, RDN (email@example.com) by November 20, 2015. In the future, periodic calls for position paper topics will be sent.
The position paper committee will review each submitted topic and rationale and decide on topics that will be forwarded to the SNEB Board of Directors (BOD) for vote. Once approved by the BOD, authors and reviewers will be invited. SNEB position papers will be peer reviewed and published in JNEB.
- Now accepting Method Papers - Research Methods are manuscripts that describe the objectives and methodologies for multi-year interventions whose aims are to change nutrition and/or physical activity behavior and/or related physiological outcomes, such as BMI or blood glucose. Research Methods are expected to have protocols that have undergone outside review already prior to funding. Results and Discussion are not included in Research Methods. Research Methods are peer reviewed by the Editors and a member of the Board of Editors for completeness, clarity, and contribution to the literature. Research Methods are published only in an online format but do have a DOI.
- JNEB Pocasts on ITunes
- Shirley's Picks Podcast - a recap of New Educational Resources
- View the GEMS archive (Great Educational Material)
- JNEB articles in press
- Webinar Statistics for Survey Design: Solutions for Success (September 11, 2013)
- Webinar What the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior in Qualitative Papers
- Webinar Getting your Results into JNEB; Insights into Paper Categories, Tables, Figures and More
- Journal Club
The Journal Committee is responsible for reviewing policies and practices related to JNEB in the context of adherence to the values of SNEB and meeting the needs of SNEB members. Associated duties include formulating and revising all SNEB policy in regard to the journal and any other items as requested by the Board of Directors. The Journal Committee, in addition to the Chair, the JNEB EIC and the Board liaison(s), will consist of at least 3 other people including an academic researcher and a practitioner. Committee members serve a two-year term with possible re-appointment of additional terms. For more information about the Journal Committee, please reference section 11.1.4 of the SNEB Policy and Procedures Manual.
Journal Committee 2015-2016
Gail Gates, PhD, RD, Chair
Rickelle Richards, PhD, RD, MPH, Chair Elect
Karen Barale, MS, RD, CD, FADA
Theresa Burgess Champoux, PhD, RD, LD