JNEB, the official journal of SNEB, is a refereed, scientific periodical that serves as a resource for all professionals with an interest in nutrition education and dietary/physical activity behaviors. The purpose of JNEB is to document and disseminate original research, emerging issues and practices relevant to nutrition education and behavior worldwide.
Take me to the JNEB website
Call for Authors for SNEB Position Paper on Sustainability
SNEB/JNEB are calling for authors for a proposed SNEB position paper concerning sustainability, its importance in ensuring food security for the current and future generations and the importance in including sustainability in the Dietary Guidelines and/or other national/federal nutrition recommendations.
Containing extensive background information and analysis, the position paper provides a more complete understanding of the issues and the reason behind the positions(s) set forth by the organization. Position papers are expected to be well referenced and unbiased.
Potential authors will be selected by the SNEB JNEB Position Paper Committee, which is comprised of the SNEB President elect, one past President of SNEB, SNEB member at large, ACPP chair, one Associate Editor of JNEB, and the Editor in Chief. The committee will work with potential authors to create a timeline. The position paper will be submitted through the JNEB submission/review process. The final paper will receive SNEB BOD approval before publication.
Each person wanting to be considered as an author for this position paper should email the following to Karen Chapman-Novakofski, PhD, RDN firstname.lastname@example.org and Marilyn Briggs, PhD, RD, SNS, email@example.com before March 30, 2016.
Please send your CV along with the following in your cover letter:
- A synopsis of why you are qualified to author a paper on this topic in terms of your expertise
- A synopsis of how or why you feel you can represent SNEB
- Acknowledgment that the manuscript will go through a peer review process through JNEB and an approval process by the SNEB BOD
- A listing of authors you would prefer to work with, if known
- Whether you are an SNEB member (required for lead author)
- A commitment to spend time on the development of this paper within a mutually agreed upon timeline.
- An acknowledgment of any conflicts of interest.
Call for Papers: Nutrition Economics
With the recently expanded scope of JNEB, the editors are planning a special issue devoted to nutrition economics. Dr. Joanne Guthrie, Assistant Deputy Director for Nutrition in the Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Program (FANRP) at ERS, will author the opening Perspective. Topics include but are not limited to behavioral economics, consumer food behavior as it relates to economics, cost benefits of programs, food budgeting and related areas, or how economic status of individuals or communities affects food access or intake. To be considered for this special issue to be published in November 2016, manuscripts should be submitted through the Journals submission system by June 15, 2016. Author guidelines are online at http://www.jneb.org/content/authorinfo.
We are hoping for many excellent articles to progress through our peer review. To manage this effectively, we are encouraging new reviewers to sign up and current reviewers to expand their classifications.
To sign up to be a new reviewer, go to http://ees.elsevier.com/jneb/ and Register (menu at top of screen) in our peer-review system. If you already have an account, update your personal classifications under the Change Details link or contact Susan Pollock and Shauna Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Questions should be directed to the Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Karen Chapman-Novakofski at email@example.com.
- Now accepting Method Papers - Research Methods are manuscripts that describe the objectives and methodologies for multi-year interventions whose aims are to change nutrition and/or physical activity behavior and/or related physiological outcomes, such as BMI or blood glucose. Research Methods are expected to have protocols that have undergone outside review already prior to funding. Results and Discussion are not included in Research Methods. Research Methods are peer reviewed by the Editors and a member of the Board of Editors for completeness, clarity, and contribution to the literature. Research Methods are published only in an online format but do have a DOI.
- JNEB Pocasts on ITunes
- Shirley's Picks Podcast - a recap of New Educational Resources
- View the GEMS archive (Great Educational Material)
- JNEB articles in press
- Webinar Statistics for Survey Design: Solutions for Success (September 11, 2013)
- Webinar What the Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior in Qualitative Papers
- Webinar Getting your Results into JNEB; Insights into Paper Categories, Tables, Figures and More
- Journal Club
The Journal Committee is responsible for reviewing policies and practices related to JNEB in the context of adherence to the values of SNEB and meeting the needs of SNEB members. Associated duties include formulating and revising all SNEB policy in regard to the journal and any other items as requested by the Board of Directors. The Journal Committee, in addition to the Chair, the JNEB EIC and the Board liaison(s), will consist of at least 3 other people including an academic researcher and a practitioner. Committee members serve a two-year term with possible re-appointment of additional terms. For more information about the Journal Committee, please reference section 11.1.4 of the SNEB Policy and Procedures Manual.
Journal Committee 2015-2016
Gail Gates, PhD, RD, Chair
Rickelle Richards, PhD, RD, MPH, Chair Elect
Karen Barale, MS, RD, CD, FADA
Theresa Burgess Champoux, PhD, RD, LD