How to Ensure That Teaching Kitchens Are Age-Friendly
This presentation will review the publication, "How to Ensure that Teaching Kitchens are Age-Friendly" and provide practical and effective tips to adjust programming to meet the needs of older adults. The presentation will also include a review of the VA Healthy Teaching Kitchen program and related research opportunities.
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies: Nutrition Across the Life Cycle
About the Presenters
Robin LaCroix. RD, CSO, White River Junction VA Medical Center
Marissa Black, MD, MPH
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 2.2 Use information from the appropriate national or international nutrient references and dietary guidelines to make dietary recommendations for each phase of the life cycle.
- 3.4 Explain how to plan, select, prepare, and manage foods to enhance the well-being of individuals, families, communities and the food system.
- 8.1 Assess the nutritional and behavioral needs of the population (to establish behavior change goals).
CDR Performance Indicators
- 2.1.1 Assesses the communication needs of the individual, customer or population.
- 8.4.2 Develops and/or modifies recipes, menus and meals using sensory perceptions and other food components.
- 8.2.1 Assesses the physical, social and cultural needs of the individual, group, community or population.
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 4190 Elderly nutrition
- 3050 Feeding, swallowing, dentition
- 6060 Learning needs assessment, learning plan development, & evaluation
Buy my product