About the Webinar
This presentation will outline how the flipped classroom approach has been used to teach undergraduate nutrition and dietetic students at a regional Australian University. We will discuss the development and use of a tool to measure student engagement with the flipped classroom approach.
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competency: Behavior and Education Theory
The Fall Journal Club series is supported by Elsevier.
About the Presenters
- Sarah Burkhart, PhD, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Jane Taylor, PhD, University of the Sunshine Coast
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 7.3 Describe the major theories of teaching and learning and apply them to nutrition education.
- 8.7 Design or select strategies, activities and materials that match the objectives and are appropriate for diverse audiences.
- 10.1 Analyze, evaluate, and interpret nutrition education research and apply it to practice.
CDR Performance Indicators
- 9.1.5 Assesses, evaluates and applies educational theories.
- 9.2.3 Applies educational theories and uses assessment results for planning process and development of materials and teaching aids.
- 9.5.4 Uses evaluation instrument to collect data and assess outcomes of education process.
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 6030 Education theories and techniques for adults
- 9020 Evaluation and application of research
- 9070 Research instruments and techniques
Buy my product