Announcing the Fall 2018 Journal Club
This is the 12th Journal Club hosted by the JNEB. Based on member interest, the spring series will focus on the topic of Research, Evaluation and Practice: Analysis to Impact Behavior Change.
The webinars will host nutrition education and health behavior experts who will share their behavioral intervention and program research that uses a variety of study design and methods of application to improve health outcomes in the population. These informative educational workshops will provide valuable learning opportunities for participants to learn the latest hot topics and study design methods in the nutrition and health field. Participants can also receive CPEs by attending these educational webinars.
- September 10: Journal Club 1: Daily and Seasonal Influences on Dietary Self-monitoring Using a Smartphone Application
- September 17: Journal Club 2: The Nutrition Literacy Assessment Instrument is a Valid and Reliable Measure of Nutrition Literacy in Adults with Chronic Disease
- October 8: Journal Club 3: Self-Perceived Cooking Skills in Emerging Adulthood Predict Better Dietary Behaviors and Intake 10 Years Later: A Longitudinal Study
- October 22: Journal Club 4: A Plate Waste Evaluation of the Farm to School Program
- November 5: Journal Club 5: An Obesity Risk Assessment Tool for Young Children: Validity with BMI and Nutrient Values
- November 12: Journal Club 6: Nutrition Environment Food Pantry Assessment Tool (NEFPAT): Development and Evaluation
- November 19: Journal Club 7: A Qualitative Exploration Into the Parent-Child Feeding Relationship: How Parents of Preschoolers Divide the Responsibilities of Feeding with Their Children
- November 26: Journal Club 8: Does the Kids Cafe Program's Nutrition Education Improve Childrens' Dietary Intake? A Pilot Evaluation Study
2018 Spring Series: Health Disparities: Meeting the Nutritional Needs of Vulnerable Populations (10 sessions)
2017 Fall Semester: Nutrition Education and Lifestyle Interventions/Programs: Study Design and Methods of Application (9 sessions)
2017 Spring Semester: Policies, Systems, and Environmental Change Initiatives/Programs to Improve Health (10 sessions)
2016 Fall Semester: Health Behaviors across the Lifespan: Education, Theory, and Policy (10 sessions)
2016 Spring Semester: Lessons Learned from Development and Implementation of Behavioral Nutrition Interventions (10 sessions)