What are NNEdPro and IANE?
We are an award-winning, interdisciplinary think-tank, training academy and knowledge network anchored in Cambridge UK which provides a center for global excellence. Our international networks, including regional hubs, extending from North America, through Africa and South Asia to Australasia.
Our aim is to improve nutrition-related health outcomes by training professionals, strengthening research, implementing solutions and addressing inequalities, in line with the United Nations' Sustainable Development Goals and Decade of Action on Nutrition 2016-2025.
To establish the NNEdPro Global Centre for Nutrition and Health as a world-leading and highly innovative think-tank, training academy and knowledge network, bringing together the best of education, research, evaluation and advocacy, particularly in Nutrition-related aspects of health and healthcare systems.
To develop a critical mass of self-sustaining knowledge, skills and capacity in Nutrition and Health, within the global healthcare and public health workforce, resulting in significantly improved health practices and outcomes.
- We prioritize nutrition education as a key strategy to achieve our vision, seeking to improve the health of individuals and populations by embedding nutrition into medical/healthcare systems.
- We strive for medical, healthcare and public health professionals to have sufficient knowledge, skills and attitudes to provide effective nutrition advice and care to patients as well as the public.
- We believe in multi- and inter-disciplinary approaches including doctors, dietitians, nutritionists, nurses, pharmacists, researchers, academics and other stakeholders.
- We collaborate widely with practitioners, students, educators, researchers, professional associations, learned societies, the third sector and industry partners.
- We promote research capacity building as well as ‘Good Research Practice’ to enhance the quantity and quality of potentially translatable evidence relating to key nutritional problems of clinical and public health importance.
- We draw from a range of implementation science approaches in line with the ‘Knowledge-to-Action Framework‘.
International Academy for Nutrition Educators (IANE)
NNEdPro has spent the last decade developing its think-tank, training academy and creating a strong knowledge network and a network of interest. Looking forward, NNEdPro aims to leverage this momentum further, engage deeper and provide value-added benefits for members in line with the vision and mission of NNEdPro, while building a stronger global community by developing collaborations with SNEB (United States) and Monash University (Australia). NNEdPro’s membership scheme is known as the International Academy of Nutrition Educators (IANE).
If you are interested in learning more about the IANE membership, please visit: http://nnedpro.org.uk/join-academy-membership/4594528807
Ready to join? You have two options.