October 19, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Eastern
Evaluation of a Policy, Systems, and Environmental-Focused Faith-Based Health Promotion Program
This presentation provides an overview of Faithful Families Thriving Communities, a faith-based health promotion intervention that encourages faith communities to implement policy, systems, and environmental changes. We will offer best practices and lessons learned through a three-state implementation of the program through coordinated effort between the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program–Education (SNAP-Ed). We will share strategies to enhance relationship building and trust, ensure adequate training, and build strong support for faith-based lay leaders as they carry out this work.
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competency: Physical Activity
The Fall Journal Club series is supported by Elsevier. If you are not an SNEB member use the discount JNEBJCCOMP on the payment page (not a coupon code on the order form below) to receive free registration as their guest.
About the Presenters
- Annie Hardison-Moody, PhD, NC State University
- Karen Franck, PhD, University of Tennessee
- Lacey Corrick, MS, RD, LD/N, University of Florida
Alice Ammerman, DrPH, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 4.3. Identify physical activity opportunities in daily living.
- 5.5 Describe ways to collaborate with community members and other professionals to create communities and settings in which healthy food options are easy, affordable, and desired and unhealthy foods are less prominent and less desired.
- 8.8 Apply inclusive participatory approaches that enable the target population to effectively communicate, share experiences, identify personal needs, and manage personal food behaviors.
CDR Performance Indicators
- 6.2.5 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery, and health and nutrition of customers.
- 6.3.11 Applies research/evidence-based findings to improve practice, service delivery and health and nutrition of customers.
- 8.2.1 Assesses the physical, social and cultural needs of the individual, group, community or population
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 1040 Cultural sensitivity
- 4010 Community intervention, monitoring, and evaluation
- 4020 Community program development