October 12, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Eastern
“Healthy”/“Unhealthy” Food Brands Influence Health, Calorie, and Price Ratings of Food
The influence of food marketing techniques on consumers and their behaviors. We will look at a variety of techniques (e.g., packaging, branding) and platforms (e.g., social media) that food marketers use and employ in our current food environment.
The Fall Journal Club series is supported by Elsevier. If you are not an SNEB member use the code JNEBJCCOMP to receive free registration as their guest.
About the Presenters
Travis Masterson, PhD, The Pennsylvania State University
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 6.2. Explain the effects of various food processing, packaging, distribution, and marketing practices on food availability, food choices, and nutritional value as well as the amount and types of additives, contaminants, and pathogens in foods
- 5. 1 Describe the roles of government agencies in regulating the manufacturing, labeling and advertising of individual foods and dietary supplements
- 5.2 Describe the roles of government agencies in regulating food systems and the food supply.
CDR Performance Indicators
- 11.4.1 Stays abreast of changing trends and technology in promotion, marketing and advertising
- 11.4.3 Ensures advertising information is balanced, accurate and in the public’s best interest.
- 11.4.5 Demonstrates an understanding of human sciences related to advertising and marketing
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 7120 Marketing
- 4100 Social Marketing
- 8120 Sales, merchandising