September 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Eastern
This presentation will outline how the flipped classroom approach has been used to teach undergraduate nutrition and dietetic students at a regional Australian University. We will discuss the development and use of a tool to measure student engagement with the flipped classroom approach.
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competency: Behavior and Education Theory
The Fall Journal Club series is supported by Elsevier. If you are not an SNEB member use the code JNEBJCCOMP to receive free registration as their guest.
About the Presenters
- Sarah Burkhart, PhD, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Jane Taylor, PhD, University of the Sunshine Coast
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 7.3 Describe the major theories of teaching and learning and apply them to nutrition education.
- 8.7 Design or select strategies, activities and materials that match the objectives and are appropriate for diverse audiences.
- 10.1 Analyze, evaluate, and interpret nutrition education research and apply it to practice.
CDR Performance Indicators
- 9.1.5 Assesses, evaluates and applies educational theories.
- 9.2.3 Applies educational theories and uses assessment results for planning process and development of materials and teaching aids.
- 9.5.4 Uses evaluation instrument to collect data and assess outcomes of education process.
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 6030 Education theories and techniques for adults
- 9020 Evaluation and application of research
- 9070 Research instruments and techniques