September 21, 2020 at 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Eastern
For fifteen consecutive years, the International Food Information Council (IFIC) has examined consumer perceptions, beliefs, and behaviors around food and nutrition in its annual Food & Health Survey. The 2020 Survey highlights consumer insights on issues including environmental sustainability, diets and eating patterns, plant-based protein, shifts in sugar consumption, food processing and food labeling. This year, the Survey has also captured the undeniable impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on how we eat, what we buy and how we feel about food safety.
Join us for a briefing on the 2020 Food & Health Survey from IFIC’s Director of Research and Nutrition Communications, Ali Webster, PhD, RD.
About the Presenters
Ali Webster is the Director of Research and Nutrition Communications at the International Food Information Council, or IFIC.
Participants of this webinar will receive 1 CEU for live attendance. The webinar provides information on the following:
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- 1.8 - Critically evaluate the source of materials that provide nutrition information.
- 7.1 - Describe the biological, psychological, social, cultural, political, and economic determinants of eating behavior, and
the associated opportunities and barriers to achieving optimal health and quality of life.
- 8.1 - Assess the nutritional and behavioral needs of the population (to establish behavior change goals).
CDR Performance Indicators
- 2.1.1 Assesses the communication needs of the individual, customer or population
- 8.3.6 Keeps abreast of current nutrition and dietetics knowledge and trends.
- 9.4.1 Assesses current knowledge and skills of the individual, group, community and population
CDR Learning Need Codes
- 4030 Dietary guidelines, DRIs, Choose My Plate, food labeling
- 4040 Disease prevention, health promotion
- 9020 Evaluation and application of research