Speakers: Karen Chapman-Novakofski, PhD, RD University of Illinois; Editor in Chief of JNEB; Bret Luick, PhD, University of Alaska; Associate Editor of JNEB; Julie Reeder, PhD, MPH, Oregon WIC; Associate Editor of JNEB; and Madeleine Sigman-Grant, PhD, RD University of Nevada, emertiti; Associate Editor of JNEB
This webinar is a follow-up to the workshop held at SNEB’s 2017 annual conference and was developed in response to our reviewer surveys. Learning how to critically appraise and write a research paper review will be addressed through short scenarios and question/answer.
- Will be able to explain what a ‘contribution to the literature means” and make decisions on recommendations for accept, revise, reject.
- Will be able more confident in all reviews but especially able to write a comprehensive review of the Methods sections of a research article and revised manuscripts.
- Will be able to contribute comments most useful to the editor in making decisions.
- Will be able to explain why becoming a great reviewer will enhance their network and CV.
SNEB Nutrition Educator Competencies
- Nutrition Education Research Methods
Attendees will earn 1 CPE from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Cost: This webinar is free to all attendees.