Two Coronavirus-related topics...First, CDC guidelines for holidays including Halloween and other food-related guidelines released during September 2020. Second, Ideas/resources for celebrating the Active School campaign: Bring PE to Your Family Week (in lieu of Take Your Parent to PE Week) - Oct. 19 - 23, 2020.
CDC Coronavirus Halloween/holiday & other food-related guidelines...
- CDC guidelines for holiday celebrations (including Halloween) updated 9/21/2020 helps you assess your risks of different activities. A color-coded map helps parents decide what Halloween activities are best based on the risk level where they live.
- Outdoor learning gardens and community gardens (9/18/2020).
- Outdoor farmers markets (9/17/2020).
- Food pantries and food distribution sites (9/15/2920).
- Running essential errands including grocery shopping, takeout, meal kit delivery (9/11/2020).
Celebrate ‘Bring PE to Your Family Week‘ (instead of Take Your Parent to PE Week) October 19 - 23, 2020...
- In addition to celebrating, the resources below can help families be active as fall/winter moves many of us indoors.
- Tools for Creating an Active Home from OPEN (Online Physical Education Network).
- Action for Healthy Kids’ Resources for Supporting Physical Activity, Play and More and Game On Activity Library.
- At-home exercise - over 800 free online workout videos provides equipment need, difficulty for each exercise - FitnessBlender.
- Fun family fitness activities to turn to during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 10 ways to keep kids moving.
- **25 ways to get moving at home (American Heart Association’s INFOGRAPHIC).
- **The Genius of Play helps parents find activities by age, benefit for the child, prep time needed as well as activities for special needs children.
- **SHAPE America Healthy Home, Active Home parent resources including free Wellness Wednesday video series.