Position Title: Assistant Professor and Health & Wellness Extension Specialist
Organization: Oklahoma State University
City, State: Stillwater, OK
Application Deadline: 10/24/2014
Position Posted: 8/22/2014
The Oklahoma State University Department of Nutritional Sciences and Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service invite applications for an 11-month tenure-track position in Cooperative Extension with a portion (.166 FTE) of the appointment in the Community Nutrition Education Program. This is a full-time position with a negotiable start date.
FOCUS AREA: This position addresses the nutrition, health and wellness education of Oklahoma's citizens. It is also charged with developing an interdisciplinary approach for implementing the Cooperative Extension's National Framework for Health and Wellness. The overall programmatic outcome is to increase the number of Oklahomans who are healthy at every stage of life.
EXTENSION PROGRAMMING: Educational program design, implementation and evaluation are critical for success in this position. Leadership for the Health issue team of Cooperative Extension and participating as appropriate in other issue areas such as hunger, risky behaviors, etc. (See http://fcs.okstate.edu/issueteams). Fielding questions from county educators and promoting partnerships with related agencies and groups. Offering content area support to the Oklahoma Home and Community Education, Inc. (OHCE) such as creating leader lessons and offering in-service training is required. Some Extension-related travel is expected. Obtaining external funding for Extension work is expected.
RESEARCH: As a tenure-leading position, conducting and disseminating extramurally-funded research is required. The main research focus should be on understanding the critical nutrition, health and wellness education needs of the Oklahoma population at the individual, family, community, and policy levels. Research results should be used to construct, implement and evaluate programs that can produce positive outcomes and impacts in the state. Dissemination in peer-reviewed outlets is required. Graduate faculty membership, advising graduate student research and serving on student committees is expected.
COMMUNITY NUTRITION EDUCATION: The successful candidate will assist CNEP in developing evidence-based best practices for improving the opportunities for low-income families to achieve better health and wellness. This will include providing in-service training on health, nutrition, and wellness issues for CNEP staff.
SERVICE: Service to the department, Extension, the college, the University and the profession is expected. It is expected that the successful candidate will take an active role in helping OSU meet its wellness goals for being America's Healthiest Campus.
Experience/Credentials Needed to Apply:
An earned doctorate in human nutrition, public health, health promotion or closely related field is required and Registered Dietitian (RD) credential is preferred.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted online at https://jobs.okstate.edu. Please search for Requisition #10854. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following documents:
1. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2. Letter of Application/Cover Letter (3-page maximum) including a statement of community nutrition, health and/or wellness experience; any experience with Cooperative Extension, EFNEP and/or SNAP-Ed; and description of research area with plans for obtaining extramural funding.
3. Contact information for three references: name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
To ensure consideration: Online application must be received by October 24, 2014
For questions about the position, please email Dr. Nancy Betts (Nancy.Betts@okstate.edu) or call 405-744-5040. For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-744-7401.
Position Title: Extension Educator
Organization: University of Minnesota Extension Center for Youth Development
City, State: St. Paul, Minnesota
Application Deadline: 9/19/2014
Position Posted: 8/18/2014
The Extension Educator, Health and Nutrition, will coordinate and lead Health and Nutrition programs including EFNEP, primarily in the Twin Cities metro counties. Extension Health and Nutrition supports healthy living, prevents obesity and chronic disease, and reduces health disparities. The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP), a national Extension nutrition education program for families with limited resources is delivered using a peer educator model. Extension Educators lead and participate in initiatives to enhance general health, improve access to and consumption of healthy food, and increase physical activity. For more information on Health and Nutrition, visit www.extension.umn.edu/family/nutrition/.
Location: This Extension Educator will be based at the Ramsey County Extension Office:
Required: Master's degree in nutrition or closely related discipline.
Application review: The review of applications begins in September 19, 2014. Position will remain open until filled.
To learn more about these positions and to apply, visit http://www1.extension.umn.edu/about/employment/ or call 612-624-3717.
* Master's degree in nutrition or a closely related discipline.
* Experience with program management in a health and/or nutrition education program
* Demonstrated knowledge and application of innovative community engagement methods and educational programming for nutrition or physical activity promotion through public health approaches and behavior focused nutrition education with individuals.
* Demonstrated ability to engage and work effectively with diverse, underserved audiences with limited resources.
* Demonstrated strong skills in managing multiple, long-term projects and partnerships for optimal efficiency and performance.
* Experience with and strong skills related to partnership building and collaborations.
* Expertise and experience in educational program development, delivery, evaluation, and using scholarly research, including implementing and managing community-based health and/or nutrition projects that involve multiple community partners and stakeholders.
* Basic qualitative and quantitative research skills.
* Experience in development of outreach strategies and marketing tools to reach a variety of audiences.
* The ability and commitment to foster a healthy workplace environment that seeks and values diversity.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Evidence of using technology for teaching, communication, information-gathering, program delivery, and/or reporting.
* Proficiency in computer skills in a networked environment.
* Registered, licensed dietitian or advanced training in the field.
* Supervision experience highly preferred.
* Demonstrated experience in development of initiatives aimed at enhancing institutional and community health and nutrition environments.
* Experience in leveraging funding and resources for program enhancement and expansion.
* Experience with managing paraprofessional staff.
* Experience with resource development, including evidence of securing and managing grants and contracts.
* Content area expertise with clear applicability for informed and cutting edge community-based health and nutrition programs.
Please apply online via the University of Minnesota Employment System at https://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=123057
Please complete the brief application and attach:
* Cover letter
* Transcripts for all college work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the application stage). To submit transcripts online, attach them to the "Additional Document" section of the "optional documents". Official transcripts are required if selected for hire.
* Three professional letters of reference. To submit three professional letters online, attach them to the "references" section of the "optional documents."
If three professional letters of reference and your unofficial transcripts cannot be submitted online send them to the address below. Also, if you have questions about applying online please contact:
Naaz Babvani , Extension Human Resources 260 Coffey Hall, 1420 Eckles Avenue, University of Minnesota St. Paul, MN 55108 Telephone: 612-624-3717 Fax: 612-624-7749 email@example.com
Associate or Full Professor - Community Nutrition Interventions
Associate or Full Professor - Global Health and Nutrition
Organization: Division of Nutritional Sciences (DNS), Cornell University
City, State: Amherst, Massachusetts
Application Deadline: 9/1/2014
Position Posted: 8/12/2014
The DNS at Cornell University invites applications for two nine-month, full-salaried, tenure-track positions. We seek outstanding research scientists with recognized scholarly reputations demonstrated by active, externally funded research program as well as a substantial record of publication in recognized journals and books. Scholarship related to nutrition and human health, in the broadest sense, should be central to the candidate's research program. The successful candidates will teach in the Division’s graduate and/or undergraduate program, bring unique expertise and perspectives to the Cornell curriculum, and mentor graduate students within and outside the Division of Nutritional Sciences.
Please visit http://www.human.cornell.edu/dns to learn more about the Division’s structure and missions, to investigate the qualifications and responsibilities of both positions, and to learn how to apply.
Looking for the best qualified candidates?
Better target your recruitment efforts with SNEB! Reach over 1,000 SNEB members, plus an unlimited number of nutrition education professionals with this service. Posting jobs on SNEB's Web site is simple and competitively priced!
3 Week Posting - $75 SNEB member; $300 non-member
6 Week Posting - $90 SNEB member; $500 non-member
(Organizational members get one free posting included with their membership.)
Posted jobs will be marketed several ways to an audience with the skills and training you need. All postings will be sent via email to all SNEB members, reaching more than 1,300 nutrition education professionals directly; posted on the SNEB Web site; announced on SNEB Social Media sites and listed in the eCommunicator for the appropriate length of posting.
For more information or questions about the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.