How Much Should I Eat?: SNEB MyPlate e-Catalog
|How Much Should I Eat?|
Image courtesy of:
|Date Produced:||December 2006|
- Middle School (9-12 yrs)
- High School (13-18 yrs)
- Young Adults (19-30 yrs)
- Middle Adults (31-50 yrs)
- General Consumer
- General Nutrition
- Meal Planning
- MyPlate/DGA Training
- Eating Patterns
- Portion Sizes
- Healthy Eating Tips
|Description:||Your students already know MyPyramid recommends eating more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. They know to watch calories and fats. But an answer to the key question of how MUCH to eat remains elusive.
Finding that answer is complicated by the fact that we live in a super sized world. Our perception of what is an appropriate serving of food is distorted. Soft drinks come in forty gallon drums and restaurant meals could feed a small village for a week. How much we eat threatens our health.
How Much Should I Eat? will help your students develop portion awareness. They will become better judges of how much they eat so they can take control of their own nutrition. They will learn to replace “super size it” with “intelli-size it.”
• What is a reasonable portion for common foods?
• How psychology influences how much you eat.
• How food labels can mislead about calories.
• Why getting more food for your money is not always a true value.
• How tricks of perception determine how much food we eat.
• How you can make an educated guess about serving sizes.
• What the new food pyramid means by an “ounce equivalent”?
• How to become an expert at estimating serving sizes.
How Much Should I Eat? is a program that will give your students basic skills to put the MyPyramid eating guides into action. |
|Ordering Info:||DVD: Item #LS-1310-07-DVD|
VHS: Item #LS-1310-07-VHS
Find shipping info here:
Or order by mail, phone, fax or email:
Suite 301, 641
W. Lake St.
Chicago, IL 60661