|Description:||The International Food Information Council (IFIC) Foundation is proud to present the new Leader’s Guide: Healthy Eating & Active Living: Ideas and Activities for Kids & Families. The Leader’s Guide is based on the content of Kidnetic.com, a popular children’s Web site that promotes fun and smart ways of healthful eating and physical activity opportunities among 9 to 12-year-old kids.
The Leader’s Guide is a 13-module curriculum organized under the general headings of Food, Family, Fun, Fitness, and Feelings. These expert-evaluated modules can be used in a variety of settings including after-school programs, classrooms, and camps. As a result of numerous pilot programs in 2004-2005, the IFIC Foundation launched an updated version of the Leader’s Guide in 2006, containing the following new features:
• Updated nutrition modules to reflect the USDA’s MyPyramid for Kids
• Lots of hands-on activities to reinforce healthful eating and physical activity habits
• Easy-to-make, healthful snack suggestions
• Energizing activities to get kids up and moving at the beginning of each lesson
• Ideas and activities to engage parents and the entire family